Saturday, April 18, 2009

Seriously?


I'm beginning to think that I'm not supposed to go back to site. So here's the story. Please don't judge me... I'm a little embarassed to say so, but I haven't been in site since the 24th of March. Wow! So all my out-of-sitedness has an explanation, which was discussed on the previous blog post up to my AIDS workshop which ended last Wednesday. After this I had made plans to go home the following day, as would be expected, but started feeling sick, so I stayed another day. I felt worse, so I stayed another day and started taking an antibiotic after talking with our doctor on the phone. Then I felt a little better and was more confident in not having a fun case of diarhea or vomiting during the 5 hour roller coaster ride back to site, so I decided to leave the following day. I was a little nervous about being weak because all I've eaten the last 3 days was like 6 Ritz crackers and a half a piece of Pizza (bad idea). But I was able to pack up all my stuff that I needed or picked up throughout my almost month-long excursion (which is a lot) and manage to get it to the bus terminal to head to site. I get there, have them put my stuff in the backage area, go to pick up my ticket that I reserved the previous day and realized the lady had forgotten to write my name down to reserve my seat. I could have stood for about half of the way, although I'm not sure I could have handled it today. Based on my options, I decided that another day of rest wouldn't hurt to get myself better, I could see my friends that are in town one last day, and just deal with lugging my stuff around one more day.

So here I am back in the hotel spending more money for another stay, still not in site, and feeling super guilty and like an unproductive Peace Corps volunteer. One day I will get back to site. I'm hoping that day is tomorrow.

It is evident by my 'mood' demonstrated in this blog that I am not super happy with the situation at hand (mainly due to guilt), but as I look as possible positives I see that this guilt may provide me with some extra drive to be a badass worker when I return. There you have it: Bad; and Good.

Instead of putting pics up of the hotel room that I stayed in for the last 3 days, which would be super boring, here are pics of other fun things over my month-long 'excursion'.








I'm a congrejo!

No comments: